Freestyle College Application Process RSVP
Freestyle Academy Juniors and their parents are invited to an in-person informational session on the college search and application process. This session is for students interested in the visual and performing arts or any college major where an art supplement would strengthen their application. Harriet Katz, Freestyle's volunteer college counselor will describe the process and cover issues such as engaging with colleges and standardized testing in the age of COVID 19. Harriet's colleague, Caillie Dick, a former Freestyle student, will answer questions during the session.
- Submit your questions here prior to the in-person session.
- Date: October 10, 2023 (changed from October 3)
- Time: 6:30 to 7:30 PM
- Location: Freestyle Film Room
- The Session will be recorded and made available for reference.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Planning for college: how to make a college list; what questions to ask admissions counselors
- Applying to Visual and Performing Arts programs
- How to use the skills learned at Freestyle to augment your college application
- Checklist for things to do during your Junior year to be prepared for the college application process
- The mechanics of a college application: essay, portfolio, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Opportunities for volunteering.
- Careers for students who have studied the arts. What the future looks like.