Freestyle Academy Field Trip info to
SF Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)
When: Thursday after Labor Day in September
Permission forms: download here and print it home - due by Wednesday after Labor Day by the time Mr. Florendo leaves Freestyle at 5:00 PM. Check this list to see if you have submitted the form and paid your $15. This spreadsheet may not reflect accurate payment record especially if you just recently submitted your contributions.
Attendance: You will be excused only from Periods 3, 5, and 7. You must attend your Period 1 class as usual. Attendance will be called into your attendance office once the buses are on the road. Parents do NOT need to call the attendance office to excuse absences due to the field trip.
You will NOT be allowed to go on the field trip if you don't submit a signed permission form by 5:00 PM on Wednesday after Labor Day. NO FORMS will be accepted on the day of the field trip.
Before getting on the bus
- Optional: Get a Freestyle T-Shirt (see Mr. Florendo) and wear it on the day of the field trip.
- MVHS Students - leave big backpacks in Mr. Greco's English Room because you won't need them in SF. Mr. Greco's room will be unlocked until just before the buses leave. You can bring your backpack if you wish. Mr. Greco's room is an optional storage location.
- LAHS students - find a friend's car to store your backpack if possible.
- You need to bring with you a PENCIL, not pen, sketchbook and $$ for your lunch
- Optional: pillow, music player, headphones, headphone splitters, homework, etc.
- All students are assigned to a bus. The list will be emailed to you on the weekend and posted here during the weekend.
- MVHS STUDENTS - Load buses in front of MVLA District Office on Bryant starting at 9:50 AM
- Buses will leave MVHS at 10:00 AM. If you're late, you will be left behind.
- LAHS STUDENTS - All buses will then go to LAHS Student Parking Lot and load LAHS students at 10:20ish.
While on the bus
- You might be given an assignment to do while at the museum. Please read the assignment.
- The chaperons are Mr. Florendo, Mr. Greco, Ms. Copete, Mr. Taylor, Ms. Parkinson
At SF MOMA - map
- You can check in your backpack so you don't have to carry it around.
- If you decide to carry your backpack, you MUST wear the backpack on your FRONT so you don't accidentally knock a museum object over.
- Museum rules are that NO PENS can be used - ONLY PENCILS.
- Bring your sketchbook with you.
- NO camera use while in the museum.
- Don't touch the art!
- Assignments - JR assignment | SR Assignment
- According to SF MOMA rules, groups of 50 will be allowed in at 15 minute intervals. So here' how this will work:
Bus #1: Get your tickets and enter at 11:00 AM
Bus #2: Get your tickets and enter at 11:15 AM
Bus #3: Get your tickets and enter at 11:30 AM
- Lunch is on your own. Lots of places to eat around the Museum including the Metreon across the street and park.
- By 2:20 PM, please be at the water fall between the SF MOMA and Metreon for our school photo.
- We'll load buses around 2:25 PM right after taking the photos.
- Buses will leave at 2:30 PM
- All buses will arrive at LAHS around 3:45 for LAHS drop-off
- All buses will arrive at MVHS around 4:00 for MVHS drop-off
- Mr. Greco's room will be opened for backpack retrieval