How to configure your laptop to log in with your network account
Suppose you bring your own Mac Laptop and you want to be able to log into your Freestyle Network Account on your computer. Here's how to configure your laptop to enable this option (only works with Macs).
While at Freestyle, make sure your laptop is connected to the Freestyle Wi-Fi otherwise the below instructions won't work.
1. Go to your System Preferences and click on Users and Groups as shown below:
2. Click on the lock icon as shown below and then enter your laptop admin Name and Password, then click Unlock.
3. Click on Login Options and then click on Join as shown below:
4. Enter the URL as shown below and click on OK
5. Click on Trust. If you don't get this Trust window, then most likely you are on the WRONG Wi-Fi. You must be connected via Wi-Fi to Freestyle2 or Freestyle5 or avstudents in order for all of this to work.
6. If all works properly, you will see the following shown below. The important part is the GREEN dot - if red, then there's a problem. Click edit, delete the current setting, check your Wi-Fi settings, redo the join part in Step 4 above.
7. At this point, your laptop is ready for use with your Freestyle Network Account. Log off with CMD + Shift + Q or change to the login window as shown below. Once on the login window, use your Freestyle provided UsernamE and Password.