Freestyle Flex Period
What is the Flex period? What is the Flex Period for?
Flex Period details are as follows:
- For PM students, Flex is every Thursday 2:15 - 3:00 PM.
- All PM students must check in for attendance purposes at the END of Flex with the class that PRECEDES the Flex period.
- For AM students, Flex is every Friday 9:45 - 10:30 AM.
- All AM students must check in for attendance purposes at the START of Flex with the class that FOLLOWS the Flex period.
- Tardies and Absences apply to Flex Periods.
The MVHS and LAHS Schedule has a Tutorial period built into it on Wednesday and Friday mornings. Half of your classes are at LAHS and MVHS. We expect you to schedule any meetings on the Wednesday Tutorial Period with MVHS and LAHS Teachers. The other half of your schedule is with Freestyle. We have created a Flex period for both AM and PM students for various purposes which include but is not limited to:
- 1-on-1 meetings with your Freestyle teachers as needed
- Work on ANY project as needed in ANY classroom.
- Flex time allows us to have special events where BOTH Juniors and Seniors can participate TOGETHER such as
- Guest Speakers
- Optional Tai Chi with Mr. Florendo with both Juniors and Seniors together. Usually Mon and Wed Tai Chi is Junior or Senior Only. Flex time allows us to practice good health habits together as a combined group.
- Fun activites like a Tie Dye party, karaoke, games, etc.
- Time for group/club meetings
- Special events or Freestyle clubs that YOU organize for everyone
- Basically, Flex allows us to be .... flexible.
Currently we have schedule Flex to be only 45 minutes out of respect for your after school activities, but we have the added flexibility to increase it to a maximum of 90 minutes when needed for REALLY SPECIAL EVENTS with a schedule like this:
- Optional as needed Friday AM Flex 90 minutes: 9:00 - 10:30 AM
- Optional as needed Thursday PM Flex 90 minutes: 2:15 - 3:30 PM